MSMDG is an informal discussion group within the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences. We are interested in all aspects of materials modelling, and as such, define “material” as broadly as possible. We are both theorists and experimentalists and model materials at all length scales.
MSMDG meets fortnightly at 3pm on a Thursday afternoon. We try to alternate between Met&Mat and Chemistry.
We have a low-volume mailing list for advertising our meetings and other relevant activities amongst ourselves. Please email Andrew firstname.lastname@example.org to join the list.
All (including undergraduates) welcome.
- 19th September 2018 - (Canceled due to M&M timetabling clash)
- 3rd October 2018 - (1C19, Met and Mat) - Open Discussion on the future of MSMDG
- 18th October 2018 - (Harworth 209A) - Five Minute Round-Table – Everyone introduces themselves to the group.
- 1st November 2018 - (2C30) - “Modelling Batteries” – Andrew J. Morris
- 15th November 2018 - (Harworth 209A) - “Use of First-Principles To Engineer Planar Fault Energies In Superalloys” – Josh Allen
- 29th November 2018 - (Harworth 209A) - “TBA” – Dwaipayan Chakrabarti
- 13th December 2018 - (Harworth 209A) - “Rapid thermal simulation and analysis for solidification” – Mark Ward
- 10th January 2018 - (Harworth 209A)
- 24th January 2018 – M&M ?
- 7th February 2018 - (Harworth 209A)
- 21st February 2018 – M&M ?
- 7th March 2018 - (Harworth 209A)
- 21st March 2018 – M&M ?
- 31st March 2018 - (Harworth 209A)